Friday, November 7, 2008

Rex is 5!!

We arrived home from our vacation on Rex's b-day so Aunt Christi made his awesome birthday cake! Rex still is obsessed with dinosaurs, so the cake was perfect for him. We had some family come and sing to him. He got spoiled, of course. I just can't help myself :) 
Bob saw these huge dinosaurs at Toys R Us and just had to get them. He still asks for dinosaurs every b-day and christmas. He is a true T-Rex at heart :)
Five years. I can't believe it. It is weird to think I have been a mom that long. I don't feel that old! These have been the greatest five years though. He is such a good boy and big brother. He is helpful and loving. He wants to do new things and more grown up things all the time. The other day I let him cut up some celery for our dinner and he was so proud of himself. "I'm a really good chef! Dad will be so proud of me." He was excited that he got to use a real knife. Don't worry, he was supervised very closely! He really tries hard to make us proud of him and he wants to show us what he can do all the time. I just love talking with him. He has a lot to say, but he has started to have real questions and his vocabulary is insane. Yes, we are raising a genius :) All kidding aside, he is actually a very bright kid. He has started to read, he loves puzzles and mazes, he does math on his own, and he really enjoys playing board and card games. This summer he struggled a bit with his tantrums, but we have those mostly under control now (hallelujah!). I am sure I have gushed enough so I will just say this: We love you Rex!

No comments: