Friday, November 7, 2008

The Big ONE!

I think he agrees with the rest of us that cake is a wonderful thing! He definately made a mess of himself.
The first thing he did when we put his cupcake in front of him was do a face plant. I am not kidding. It was hilarious. He just kept doing it so I was able to capture a picture. Who says you have to use your hands anyway?
His (and his brother's) favorite present. I had to do some convincing to Bob, but I think he realizes it was a good decision. For the next three days it seemed like it was in use all day long. 
Asa loves balloons so we had several around the house for him to play with. Overall I think he had a great day. I just don't know where the time went. I don't have a baby anymore! He has been walking for a couple of months and climbing even longer than that. This boy knows how to get into anything and everything. He fits right in with the other two. I am amazed at how well they play with one another. He already starts mimicking their actions. The other day we were playing tickle monster and the older two were running away and screaming, so Asa thought he would join in too. He kept looking back to see if I was after him and he would just laugh. He is almost up to running speed and he had the screaming down too. He is already one of the "boys" and no longer my little baby. It is fun to see him understand so much and to see him figure things out. Today we even saw him throw some trash into the garbage can. (my 3 yr old barely knows how to do that!) He still has such a sweet disposition. He LOVES to bounce. He hasn't quite figured out how to jump on hard ground yet (although he is not far off) but if he is on the couch or on a bed he starts bouncing away. He laughs the whole time he is doing it. So cute! We were truly blessed when he came into our lives. He has brought me so much joy this last year and I know there will be many more joyful years ahead. I love you Ace!

No comments: