Friday, November 7, 2008

Congratulations Ryan and Jill

Last month Bob and I (and Asa) flew to Indiana to see one of our closest friends get married. Ryan was the best man in our wedding. We both knew him from college and he comes out to see us at least once a year. The kids call him uncle. Anyway, it is rare that Bob and I get a nice picture together so I thought I would post it. 
We make a good pair, don't we?
The happy couple, Ryan and Jill.
This is Asa sitting next to the flower girl, Ryan's niece. They had the wedding right in a cool building right on the beach of Lake Michigan. It was beautiful. 
Asa traveled really well. We couldn't have asked for better. Bob and I enjoyed the time away. We spent a lot of it with Ryan, but he had to work too so we had a nice little vacation. We talked with the other two boys everyday, but we knew they were in good hands. My sister, Elise, watched them the majority of the time and then they spent a little time with grandma and grandpa Perkes. (Thanks, we owe you guys big time!) We were gone for 5 days, so even though we enjoyed ourselves it was nice to be home. We were exhausted and all pizza-ed out. We were right outside Chicago so there was a pizza shop on every corner. I am a pizza lover, but man I was sick of it after having it every day. The very next weekend we went to Seattle to another friend's wedding and since it was just one night Elise was nice enough to watch Asa for us. It was just the two of us. It felt really weird. We haven't been alone like that in a long time and we had a fun, relaxing time. Several times I had to check in the car to make sure we didn't leave a kid in there though :)

No comments: