Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Welcome to the world!

This is Ender Paul Douglass. He is the newest addition to our extended Perkes family. It is Bob's sister, Beth and her husband, Ryan's baby. They named him after the book Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card--a good book, I might add. He was born May 17 around 9:00pm. I don't know the exact measurements, but I believe he was 9lbs. 3oz. and 20 inches long. It was a long day for Beth, but they are both doing great. For the longest time their dog, Maycie, was their "baby" so we are excited for them.
Here is Rex taking a peak the day after he was born.
Here is Eli smoochin' him up. Both boys were really excited for him to be born. Now he just has to catch up to Asa so they can be friends :)

6 comments:

The Duckers said...

I think I might have to read that book! I always love a good recommendation! Congrats to Beth. I bet it's nice to have a baby for a baby now, but I'm sure their dog will always be their baby too!
How close do you guys live to each other?

The Perkes Family said...

We live about 3 minutes away from each other :) And yes, Maycie is still their baby too. She's a good dog.

A. Simpson said...

That is one cute baby. Also those 2 blondie boys are pretty cute too.
p.s. I can't wait to hang out with you guys. I was so excited when Darnell told me you'd grace us with your presence...I promply wet myself.

The Duckers said...

WOW! That is so fun to live so close to each other. I miss being around family. At least Joni and Whitney make VERY regular visits!

We're coming to Seattle in September....
If you want, maybe we should meet up somewhere. We could golf or something! :o)

A. Simpson said...

p.s. how clean are you expecting my house to be? :)

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

Britta! I am blog hopping from Kristen's blog. Your family is sooo cute! We can't get a girl either! Not that I actually mind having 3 boys, it's pretty awesome! I am jealous you have taken your kids to the Redwoods. I have been wanting to do that for a long time, just haven't gotten around it! I love the picture of your kids going across a log - so cute!