Sunday, June 1, 2008

Grandma's House!

Asa with Grandma :)
We got some good swimming time in. It was definately hot!
Asa loved being in the water and splashing around. Here he is drying off.

Ok, ok. I have felt the guilt creep in as I have not blogged in almost 2 months. So here I am. In the beginning of May we were able to go visit my parents in California! We stayed for a week and it was a lot of fun. I flew down there with the boys all by myself. Yes, you heard me right. Me and three boys. I was not looking forward to the traveling at all. I was having anxiety about it, just knowing something would go wrong. So we drive to the airport which is 2 hours away. Everything is great. We go check in. Piece of cake. We go through security. No hiccups at all. We go eat lunch. We ate it all, went potty, with time to spare at the gate. We boarded the plane and the boys were excited. Asa fell asleep on take off and the boys stayed occupied with the things that I brought them. They each had their own backpack full of things to do. (the new spiderman crayons were a hit!) Asa woke up about half way through the flight, but he was all smiles. He just stood on my lap and smiled at everyone who would look at him. I just kept thinking, "wow, I can't believe this is going so well." I kept waiting for a problem to arise. But at the end of the flight I was told by the lady next to me that they were the most well behaved kids she has ever seen on a plane!!! Yeah for me!! That definately made me feel good.
So my parents picked us up and took us to a really fun park called Fairytale Land. There were a bunch of play structures and exhibits featuring different fairytales. The boys had fun there. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera there, but my dad took some pictures. As soon as I get those uploaded I will post them. We had a very fun time with Grandma and Grandpa Bell. On the drive home Eli kept asking us to turn around and go back. The next few posts will be about our trip. Thanks for everything mom and dad!

2 comments:

A. Simpson said...

You've SERIOUSLY gotta be kiddin me?! You are so brave! What a relief everything went so peachy huh?! Don't feel blogging guilt. It's your blog-do what you want!

Brianne said...

I'm so glad they did so well on the plane for you!