Monday, January 5, 2009

(Late) Merry Christmas!

I am sure this is a familiar sight for many of you. After all the fun toys are opened up, the kids play with the boxes. My boys have spent the last couple of days playing and sleeping in their "forts" made from the cardboard boxes from xmas. Gotta love it.
The older two essentially opened every one of their presents together. They sure made a haul.
One happy customer. Eli is really into the Hulk right now.
This is how we open presents at our house in case anyone was wondering :) J/K I just love seeing Asa trying to figure stuff out. 
We had no shortage of presents to open on christmas day. Keep in mind that my parents and my sister were here with us, so it's not all ours :) I was mostly excited about my new barstools (that you can see on the right). We were definately spoiled by my parents. Thanks mom and dad :) We really enjoyed the holiday. The night before we went looking at christmas lights and then came home and read the christmas story from the bible. After that we watched "claymation christmas." It is a show that we used to watch as a family when I was a little girl, so I found the dvd online last year so that I could do it as a family tradition. The boys really like it. Luckily we didn't have to wake up too early the next day. Rex and Eli got up at 7:00am. They were very excited. My mom found some cole to put in our stockings--it was candy :) We had a really nice dinner later in the day. We had fun watching some home movies and playing our new games. I love christmas!! I am sad that it is over already. 

1 comment:

A. Simpson said...

Yeah, too much build up. Ya get the goods then its all over. Blah!
Anyhoo, loved your Christmas card! I LOVE having hot friends! We miss you!