Monday, January 5, 2009

We miss you already!

As I mentioned in the previous post my parents came to visit us for the holidays. They braved the icy roads all the way from California to spend a week with us. We really enjoyed having them here. Although, what is it about kids totally misbehaving at the times you want them to behave the most?! So frustrating!! They did deserve that coal in their stocking! Aside from that, I always enjoy playing games with my parents. We played our go-to game, Quiddler, several times along with canasta, quelf, last word and some others. Happy to say there weren't too many bad tempers to report :) As you can see in this picture my parents are holding up the jean quilt that my sister, Elise, and I made for them. We spent a month making this thing. It is a lot bigger than it looks on this picture. It is the size of a queen sheet (as that is what we used for the back of it.) We spent endless hours cutting and sewing and tying. We were so pleased when we were done. I haven't tackled a project that big in a really long time. It felt good to accomplish something. Now Bob keeps bugging me to make one for him. They are really nice, heavy duty quilts. I hope they enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed making it.  
Those of you who know my dad know that he has a big smile that he wears a vast majority of the time. 
Here is Elise holding a painting that my dad painted for her.  It is really beautiful. I am really proud of my dad for starting his art back up. Elise was really happy to get it, if you couldn't tell.

No comments: