Monday, January 5, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside!

After spending 20 minutes finding all the snow gear and getting it all on, Asa spends one minute out there and he is done. I had to hurry and snap a picture to document this experience. Doesn't that face just say it all! I can't blame him that day. It was single digits and the wind was blowing like crazy. I don't know how the other two stayed out there as long as they did. When the weather warmed up in later days Asa could last at least 5 minutes :)
Meanwhile, the other two love the snow and withstand the cold pretty well. Rex is always the last one standing though. We have to make him come inside before he freezes over. 
I just loved this picture with Eli loving his brother. They have such a good relationship. I am so happy that they play as well as they do. I hope they always remain this good of friends. This day Bob took the car with Eli's coat in it, so we had to layer him in several sweatshirts. Fun times.
When my dad was here he worked so hard at shoveling our driveway and sidewalks. He spent hours out there doing it. And it seemed like every time he did it would snow again (kinda like how you wash your car, then it rains). He then used the snow he piled up to build snow forts for the boys. Rex especially liked it and even helped him out shoveling. We had to get a smaller shovel so he could actually lift the snow. Thanks for all the hard work dad. It snowed again and our driveway is full of snow...we miss you :) Unfortunately for my parents we had an unusual cold streak while they were here. Single digit weather and snow almost everyday. I think they were ready to get back to California. Of course, as soon as they left it warmed up (relatively speaking) and the snow melted away. 

No comments: