Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Campers

Just some more random pictures from the reunion. Apparently it was hard work riding in the backpack.
Bob making us some firewood with his new hatchet.
What is camping without smores?
This is my dad and grandpa. I only see my grandpa once in a blue moon and who knows, this could be the last time that I see him. It was nice to have him come up for the day. It was a good visit for everyone.
Asa is really enjoying his licorice. Bob brought a big old canister to share with everyone. Lots of red tongues!
All in all the reunion was fun. It was a long drive for our family, but that allowed us to see some friends on the way. Bob was nervous for his office to be closed for so long, but when he came back his numbers didn't drop at all, which was nice. People missed him. I have decided that camping with little kids is a lot of work! Kudos to you mom for doing it all those years. I think camping is way more fun when you are a kid :) I have proof since my boys loved being there, except for when their older cousins told them there was BigFoot. Camping for a whole week with no showers wasn't my favorite, but it was nice to be out in nature away from things. Rex did get really sick that Bob had to take him into town. It ended up being really expensive because we had to buy a nebulizer for him. His cough was horrible. When he went to the Dr. he sat there and told him that he was already getting better because his grandpa and dad had given him a blessing on his head. How sweet! I love those little learning moments. Anyway, between the campfires, games, and just visiting it was a successful trip and it is always good to see my family. I wish we didn't live so far away from them all. I am glad Elise is living in tri-cities now! Hopefully the next one will be even better in 2 years!

1 comment:

kp said...

What would camping be without the older kids telling you about bigfoot!? And Tom the guy who lived in the port-a-potties (I just realized I don't know how to spell that). I'm still afraid to go to the bathroom while camping! Thanks Sam!