Monday, July 28, 2008

Birthday boy turns 3!!

As you have seen in earlier posts, Eli really likes to help out. He was excited to help make his birthday cake. And yes, he smiles like that all the time.
Here he is enjoying being sung to with anticipation of blowing the candles. We were able to have some of Bob's family here for the celebration.
What can I say? He is really good at cheesing for the camera. He was excited to have a "pirate" ship's wheel to add to his swingset.
The big present of the year was his hockey equipment. We got him sticks and pucks and grandma and grandpa perkes got him a hockey net. He has become obsessed with hockey since Bob took him to a game earlier this winter. (We have a semi-pro team in town.) He tells us all the time he wants to be a hockey player. Needless to say, he was thrilled to get his hockey stuff.
Water hockey, anyone? Yes, our crazy son was so excited he took the hockey sticks with him everywhere that night. He ended up in the pool swimming with them singing "Happy Birthday to me." It was really cute.
Anyway, I just can't believe Eli is already three. It is weird to have him get older. He has grown a lot in the last year. He has started to talk where we can understand him most of the time :) He is very athletic and tags along with Rex everywhere. He is so sensitive and compassionate. He has such a loving heart. One of my favorite things he does is when he comes up to me and randomly gives me a hug and says, "I like you, mom." He loves his baby brother, sometimes a little too much if you know what I mean :) He has such a different personality and we already know he will be the child we will always have to keep an eye on. He has a little devilish side to him that he makes us aware of everyday. Examples from just this weekend: He threw a rock at a car after waving at the driver. He put bubblebath in the toilet and got Asa to play in it with him. He got a hold of the swiffer and left puddles of cleaner everywhere. He turned on the hose and went after Rex, laughing hysterically. He broke a tent pole. I washed their carseats and he ripped up the foam cushion on the seat. I think you get my point. But despite all of that we love him to pieces. Our life would be boring without him. I can't imagine life without him and I am so happy he came to our family. We love you Eli!

No comments: