Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Favorites

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Yes, that is what my day is filled with and I love it (at least most of the time). These brothers love each other so much. They are very protective of one another and they play so well. They rarely fight (I will keep my fingers crossed) and if one of them isn't around they get concerned. Rex and Eli get so excited when Asa wakes up in the morning. It is so fun to watch them interact with each other. Last night I was folding clothes in the boys room and I got out the fisher price farm with all the animals. Asa was playing with the animals and I told Eli to come help him make all the sounds on the farm. So he came in and took Asa's hand to touch all of the buttons to make the noises and he would declare, "Asa did it, mommy!" Then Rex came in and they were all playing together. It just melted my heart. I can't believe Asa is to the age where he can actually play around the boys. So cute.

The other night at FHE we asked Rex if he wanted to be able to play with Eli forever. We had to laugh when he said, "No, sometimes we have to sit down and eat our dinner." You can obviously tell what we have had to deal with lately. They will not sit down for dinner and eat in one sitting. Day after day we say, "Come sit down and eat your dinner..." I swear we need to duct tape them to their seats or something. Does anyone else have this problem of meals on wheels? We have tried all the tricks. I guess they just can't get enough playing done in one day that sitting down to eat is a waste of their time. But somehow, miraculously on pizza or hot dog night they know how to sit down and eat everything and even ask for seconds. Go figure :)

6 comments:

The Duckers said...

It melts my heart too when my boys love to play with each other. And what a great picture you captured by the way!!!!

Joel and Kristie said...

Um HOWW AMAZZINGGG is that PICTURE!!! TOOO CUTEEE!!

lanita said...

Yes, I admit I miss having a girl at times, but nothing beats watching my boys love and play together. I just love that picture of the Threesome.

A. Simpson said...

I seriously cannot believe how much he's changed since your "life of a baby" post. Dang cute!

Tiffany said...

That picture is too cute! Can you believe he is 6 months old-no way! He is getting so cute and really starting to look like your older boys.

Tiffany said...

That picture is too cute! Can you believe he is 6 months old-no way! He is getting so cute and really starting to look like your older boys.